Quartz stone countertop installation, these six common senses deserve attention
The service life of the countertops is inseparable from the construction and installation. There are many things to be aware of during the installation process. Today, Xiaobian takes everyone to understand the matters to be noticed during the installation of quartz stone. Follow the prescribed steps to avoid some The problem that should be prevented.
1. Before installing the stone, it is necessary to check the flatness of the on-site cabinet and the ground cabinet, and check whether there is no error in the size of the countertop and the site to be installed. If there is any error, it needs to be processed again and trimmed.
2. For some L-shaped countertops or some extra-long countertops, some strong glass clamps can be used when necessary to clamp the stone to squeeze the gap, and the gap must be cleaned. Here, Xiao Bian does not advocate grinding the seams between the stone and the wall, especially some dark stone series.
3. Evenly apply some glass glue for coloring on the bottom of the water barrier of the cabinet to stick the water strip. Do not use the connecting gel such as marble glue to prevent the bonding after the bonding. The bonding is too tight and causes cracking or breaking of the stone.
4. If it is necessary to install a sink and other devices, firstly, some quartz stone countertops and the water on the countertop should be partially trimmed and tapped to check whether it is suspended. For some tiny suspended objects, we can be at the bottom of the stone. Add some glass glue for filling. For some serious unevenness, it is necessary to stop the construction, and the counter top should be adjusted to a flat state.
5. In the on-site construction, avoid opening holes in the stone as much as possible to prevent improper opening and stone cracks. For the missing glass glue, it can be cleaned with water after ten minutes.
6. When installing on the countertop, it is necessary to keep the distance between the stone and the wall. Generally, the gap is 3-5mm. The main purpose of leaving this gap is to prevent the thermal expansion and contraction of the stone countertop and the cabinet. Stretching, after the installation is complete, you need to apply glass glue to the gap.