With the improvement of living standards, everyone's requirements for decoration are getting higher and higher.
The kitchen is the most important place for three meals a day, so it is not sloppy at all.
As the countertop with the highest usage rate in the kitchen, it is naturally the focus of decoration.
Sometimes it can be confusing when deciding which one is right for your home improvement.
We are often discussing the issues of these two types of countertops, which we discuss every day in the showroom.
Today, ABCquartz will bring you the difference between granite countertops and quartz countertops.
What do you need to know about granite countertops?
One of the reasons why granite countertops are generally accepted is their durability.
This natural stone can withstand the wear and tear of high traffic kitchens, bathrooms, bars and anywhere else. With proper maintenance, the installed granite countertops will last for many years.
So what are the advantages of granite?
1. Because the earth naturally produces granite, each board is a unique piece of art. Each board has its own essential features, such as detail colors, swirls, textures, and patterns.
Finding the right granite for your kitchen, bathroom or any other place will give your space an impression of style and power.
With a seemingly endless variety of colors, you're sure to find the right mix for your interior design, whether it's Art Deco design, traditional or modern.
2. Granite's color choice and durability make it the most popular countertop choice for top interior designers and owners.
Its functionality requires minimal maintenance, and some light-colored granite can even help you hide small mess like breadcrumbs, even in the busiest hours, your kitchen will look clean and tidy.
When you buy a granite slab for your countertop, be sure to consider your house design.
Since some granites have very complex patterns and fine details, you have to make sure you choose the right one.
3. Due to its hard quality, granite is a safe investment that can significantly increase your home equity.
It can even be installed in an outdoor kitchen.
Granite is sure to stand the test of time, but make sure that their aesthetics are as beautiful as they were when they were installed - we recommend that you clean your countertops regularly and do it twice a year.
What do you need to know about quartz stone countertops?
Quartz is a completely different material from granite.
It can be used in a variety of homes, from kitchen islands to bathroom countertops, but there are some important features of quartz that you should be aware of.
1. Quartz countertops are highly resistant to staining and scratching and are resistant to household contamination from acids such as ketchup vinegar and lemon juice.
Since it is non-porous, quartz does not require a seal. It is also resistant to bacteria, germs, mold and mildew, while natural stone like granite or marble needs to be sealed every six months.
2, cleaning is a breeze for quartz stone.
3. Quartz is a natural mineral and the main component of artificial stone. The artificial gemstone is composed of 93% crushed quartz and 7% pigment and resin.
This creates a durable component for the countertop.
4. Since the stone is artificially designed, it is easier to match at the splicing due to its completely uniform pattern. If you like the natural look, quartz won't give you a unique natural stone look. It is more suitable for modern interior design, they need a uniform color countertop.
Quartz stone is not suitable for use in long-term exposure to UV radiation.
This is most noteworthy. When a part of the platen is exposed to ultraviolet light for a longer period of time than other parts, it will fade after a few years.
In general, if you think its benefits outweigh the granite, then quartz is a good choice for your family.